I'm 7 months out of a bad relationship. I loved her. I still love her. But when the relationship is causing you this much hurt it's time to call it day. For your own sanity and health.

We were together 14 years. Many great times together. But also lots of arguments where we screamed at each other. Never listened to each other. We were stuck in the trap of feeling like we can't live without each other. We both couldn't imagine our lives separated.

I have a moto in life. If somebody cheats, I don't care how intertwined we are it's over. It's done. When a person can hurt you like that they didn't love you in the first place.

In the UK we had this TV talk show called Jeremy Kyle. It was awful. But I will never forget the one thing he said which rings true: "People will treat you exactly how you allow them to treat you".

By remaining in a bad relationship, you are allowing the other person to treat you this way.

Your life will be a lot better than it currently is once the wounds have healed. I can promise you that.